Wednesday, September 8, 2010

E-mail Reply...

The following text is a reply to an email between my main beeotch D'Amber & myself. After typing it, I wanted to repost it here, just to share these thoughts.
-cs


"I’ve read the “Child Called It” but couldn’t do the others. I can’t allow myself to be subjected to that b/c it leaves me depressed & sick for weeks after I see/hear/read it.

*** & I have more in common than most people will ever know. While abuse & neglect can be purposeful, it can also be done without knowing. That, though, is a story for another time.

*****’s family wants him locked up here forever because he’s an embarrassment to them & their family. They don’t care enough about him to work with him & give him the help & structure he needs/deserves. It’s like they view him as a “lost cause,” which is fine for me because it’s their loss and my gain.

I may not be able to give him the “ideal” family, but I can guarantee he’ll have a family that loves & cares about him. I was brought up that family can be anyone, any size or whatever works. While my (mom’s) family (who I’m closest to) is conventional at most, they were all taught that family & love are synonymic and everyone deserves both. There are so many “loose ends” in my family tree due to cousins, aunts & uncles being adopted, or even others being “unofficially” adopted.

People always say that blood is thicker than water. I don’t believe that. Families are people that you’re “stuck” with regardless, and have to deal with. Friends are people that you don’t have to ever be tied to, but they’re important enough that you refuse to let them go. It’s simple how someone unrelated can quickly become closer and deeper than anyone who shares blood with you.

I’m just thankful that I have so many people in my life that I can share those bonds with. Bonds from the heart outweigh blood-ties any day."

<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment